This evening I was getting a 400 Error Bad Request after logging into Gmail. I’m not sure what was up, but I cleared my browser cache and cookies and still nothing.
I use Google Chrome as a browser, so I fired off an Incognito session and was able to log in absolutely fine. Strange! This told be it was something up in the main version of Chrome; but what?
I did a Google search for “Gmail 400 bad request” and the first item that was return suggested the following:
- Try loading Gmail with this address mail.google.com/mail?ui=1
This I did an there was no change. Next it told me to:
- Try loading Gmail with this address mail.google.com/mail?labs=0
This loads Gmail without any of the Labs add ons loading.
- Labs turned on mail.google.com/mail/?labs=1
- Labs turned off mail.google.com/mail/?labs=0
- New standard mail.google.com/mail?ui=2
- Old standard mail.google.com/mail?ui=1
- Basic HTML mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html
- Mobile XHTML m.gmail.com
Now, I’m not saying any of these will fix your issue, but they are worth trying.